Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just 1.5 sizes away from my goal!

I'm not so awesome at updating my blog. Family and work life are very busy! At any rate, thought I'd document my progress here.

It's been over a month and a half since I ended the hCG maintenance phase. I have to say I kept all the weight off and have even since taken off another 8 pounds! I may do it again at the end of the summer if I'm unable to lose the last 15 pounds.

How have I kept losing weight? Well, for starters, I've been counting my calories and wearing the body bugg. Since I weight train, I try not to be more than at a 750/day caloric deficit. I've also been EXERCISING! A lot. Not like an obsessive-compulsive (like I was before), but around 45 minutes to an hour each day. I'm training for the Bear Lake Brawl Olympic Triathlon. This is around a 3 1/2 - 4 hour event for me. It's a 1 mile swim, 24.85 mile bike and then a 10k run. I'm really not great at any of these events, but I can do them. Here's what I've been doing:

Monday: 30-minute run. Bike to work & back if I'm feeling saucy.
Tuesday: 30-minute swim in the AM and weight training for an hour in the afternoon
Wednesday: 45-minute bike with 3-minute zone 3 HR intervals for about 15 minutes.
Thursday: 30-minute swim in the AM and weight train for an hour in the afternoon
Friday: 30-minute run.
Saturday: 1-hour race-pace bike ride (about 15-20 min in zone 3) and follow immediately with a 15-minute run (called BRICKS. Helps to train for the run transition)

I usually eat around 1,500-1,750 calories a day (more on the weight training days). I try to get in a 30% protein, 40% carbs and 30% fat ratio. I have felt the weight come off. I'm a tighter size 10 on my legs and a perfect size 8 around my waist. I am hoping this will be a bit more balanced in the coming months. I'd like to just be a size 8 all around. To get to my goal weight (the weight I was when I got married), I need to lose about 15 more pounds. It actually seems possible now!

1 comment: